31 Days of Great Children's Music: Classic Moments from The Bill Gaither Trio Especially for Children


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here

 

I can't even begin to guess how many times I listened to these records as a kid, so I made sure to hunt down the CD versions several years ago.

This is vintage gospel at its finest - quality never goes out of style.  You might be surprised at how enjoyable these children's songs can be, even though they are, ahem, old.

My favorite song is I Am a Promise, but God Can runs a close second.  I can recall the lyrics to either one at a moment's notice.  What I like most about these songs is the fact that they are unique.  It's nice to have a little variety in your life.

Activities

  • Go fishing!  God Loves to Talk to Little Boys (While They're Fishin') is great inspiration for an actual fishing trip.  Or, play a game of Go Fish with these cards if you don't have a local fishin' hole nearby.
  • Listen to Jesus, I Heard You Have a Big House and create your own shoebox house.  Use a separate box for each room and build furniture for each one out of pieces of cardboard or card stock.  Use paint and wallpaper samples and fabric from remnant tables to decorate everything.

To Read

There are so many wonderful children's Bibles out there, but this one is our favorite.

To Visit

Looking for cute Bible stories on the web?  Here are two sites to check out:



Have you heard of The Bill Gaither Trio?  Are you looking for children's songs that teach little ones about God's love?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  

Linked up with:  Merry Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Motivation Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Mom 2 Mom Monday, Two Uses Tuesday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday, Tuesday Tutorials, The Mommy Club, WFMW, Not So Wordless Wednesday, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, A Little Bird Told Me, Homestead Blog Hop, Fluster's Creative Muster, Thrifty Thursday, Creative Ways, Creative Exchange, Hearts for Home, Frugal Family Linky, Ladies Collective, This is How We Roll, I'm Lovin It, Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Awesome Life Friday, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday