31 Days of Great Children's Music: For the Kids (& Parents, too!)


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here

 

It might take a moment to realize this CD is even intended for kids, although with songs like I've Got to be Clean, by Guster, it's still pretty obvious.  This album is a collection of various popular artists and blends familiar melodies (such as The Rainbow Connection, by Sarah McLachlan, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, by Chantal Kreviazuk and Mahna Mahna, by Cake) with catchy new tunes like The Hoppity Song, by John Ondrasik.

That one will be stuck in your head for weeks, but in a good way, I promise.

I was excited to encounter familiar artists (Sixpence None The Richer and Tom Waits) singing original compositions, but what I really loved was the song La La La La Lemon by one of my favorite groups, Barenaked Ladies.  

Activity

  • Create your own version of La La La La Lemon for every letter of the alphabet.  I can easily see using this idea to help a child learn the alphabet, but also in beginning a new traditional family travel game, similar to the Alphabet Game.

Looking for More?


There are a total of three installments featuring great children's songs by well-known artists:

For the Kids
 

For the Kids Too
 

For the Kids Three
 

Are any of your favorite musicians featured on these three albums of children's songs?  Which ones?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  

Linked up with Pintorials
Yes Works for Me 
 The Mommy Club
The Super Mommy Club   
Mommy Needs a Timeout Thursday
Creative Ways
Thrifty Thursday 
I'm Lovin' It  
Kitchen Fun & Crafty 
Thoughtful Spot 
Motivation Monday   
Merry Monday 
In & Out of the Kitchen 
Inspire Me Mondays 
Good Tips Tuesday 
Inspiration Spotlight 
We Love Weekends 
Creative Exchange 
Frugal Family Linky 
Simple Saturdays 
Totally Terrific Tuesday 
 Creative Collection