31 Days of Great Children's Music: Here Come the ABCs


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here

This album is all about the alphabet and highlights different letters with different songs. 

I'm pretty excited about the song Alphabet of Nations because I often play The Alphabet Game with countries and get stumped on a couple of the tricky letters.  I'm sure after I've heard this song a few more times, I'll have no problem winning this game in the future.

It will come as no surprise that I like E Eats Everything.  Give me a song about food and I'm generally pretty happy!

While I didn't love the music of Pictures of Pandas Painting, I did appreciate its alliteration prowess. 

I think my favorite tune was Who Put The Alphabet in Alphabetical Order?  So catchy, that one!

Activities

  • This album provides the perfect excuse to play one of my favorite games - The Alphabet Game.  Read this post to see how I used myself as the topic for a round.
  • Use these songs as companions for your letter studies, if you have a little one learning these at home or school.
  • Engage in some art inspired by Can You Find It?  I'm already looking forward to the day I can do these with Gv, because I can't wait to color these myself!
And while these don't involve hidden images, the previous books reminded me of the Roger Burrows Images coloring books that I loved when I was younger.  I'm so excited to see that they've been re-published!

To Read

More Music

Here are some other albums by They Might Be Giants:


They Might Be Giants seems to be a group that's "been around" the children's scene for a while.  Are you familiar with them?  Do you enjoy their children's songs?  I'd love to hear what you think - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  


Linked up with: Merry MondayMotivation Monday, Thoughtful SpotMom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This WeekendTotally Terrific TuesdayTwo Uses TuesdayDo Tell TuesdayLou Lou Girls Fabulous PartyTell it to Me TuesdayGrandma IdeasFluster's Creative MusterWordless WednesdayA Little Bird Told MeWFMWHit Me With Your Best ShotThe Mommy Club, Summer Family Fun PartyThe Ladies CollectiveThis Is How We RollFrugal Family LinkyCreative WaysHearts for Home,  Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & CraftyInspiration SpotlightHome MattersPretty Pintastic PartyFront Porch Friday,