31 Days of Great Children's Music: Meltdown!


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here


Apparently Justin Roberts is another popular purveyor of children's songs, but I'd sure never heard of him!

This is a peppy, smart album with a fun sound and intelligent lyrics that kids and adults will both enjoy.  My favorite song on the album is More Than Just a Minute.  How often do our "just a minutes" really last more than a minute!

My Brother Did It reminds me of this.

And the title track on the album, Meltdown, has a line that takes me back to my school days - "I'd stop the world and meltdown with you" - can you name the band this points to?  I just love it when I discover references like that!

Activities

 
  • In the spirit of Cartwheels & Sommersaults, go outside and tumble around for some fun physical activity.  See how many of each you can do in a row before getting dizzy.
  • Write your own story about an Imaginary Rhino.  Think of clever ways to illustrate it - how do you "show" the rhino, without really showing it?
  • After listening to Get Me Some Glasses, go make your own!  Picklebums has these cute printables for personalizing your own pair.  Or, dress up like Superman in honor of a clever line in the song:

To Read

Let Our Imaginary Rhino inspire you to read this:




Dine on some bamboo shoots and read one of these after listening to Koala Bear Diner:

National Geographic Readers: Koalas

Koala Lou

More Music

Like I said, Justin Roberts is another artist with about a zillion CDs of children's songs.  Here are a few for you to check out:






So, did you figure out the group that line was referencing?  Let me know and if you get it right, you might win the imaginary rhino award!  Justin has other clever lines in his children's songs, which have you discovered?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  

Linked up with:
Merry Monday
Thoughtful Spot
Motivation Monday
Mom 2 Mom Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend  
Good Tips Tuesday 
Totally Terrific Tuesday 
Tuesday Tutorials  
The Mommy Club
Hit Me with Your Best Shot
Works for Me Wednesday
A Little Bird Told Me
Homestead Blog Hop
Wordless Wednesday 
Fluster's Creative Muster Party
Thrifty Thursday
Creative Ways
Creative Exchange
Hearts for Home
Frugal Family Linky
This is How We Roll
Ladies Collective 
Two Uses Tuesday 
I'm Lovin It
Kitchen Fun & Crafty
Inspiration Spotlight
Awesome Life Friday 
Home Matters 
Front Porch Friday
Pretty Pintastic Party
Creative Collection