31 Days of Great Children's Music: Rockabye Baby!


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here
  


Oh, my.  I'm not usually one to go spending my money on "stuff," but I'm having a difficult time holding myself back from buying a zillion of these Rockabye Baby! albums.

I know G would totally support my decision to do this.  He walked in the door from work yesterday, heard this album playing, and remarked, "This sure is pleasant!"

We both agree that sometimes it's nice to play music that we both recognize and enjoy, but that still allows us to hold a conversation without being too distracting.  We plan on playing this album while we eat dinner, read books, play a game, or while we fall asleep.  It's so soothing - it reminds me of the background music in a Thai restaurant, but it has yet to annoy me like the tinkling tunes often do when I just can't stop eating a ginormous plate of Panang Curry.

The Journey album has been our gateway to this series and G and I both just love the whole thing.  I had expected Gv to be a bit too old for it, since she's out of the tiny-baby-needing-lullabies stage, but she definitely still finds these songs danceable and will point to the CD player when the final strains of "Don't Stop Believin" have faded away.  I've had no problem obliging her and hitting "play" again, even if it's the 7th time in a row we've been through this process.

Uh, make that the 8th.

I would honestly buy these children's songs even if we didn't have Gv.  They remind me of three other CDs that I have owned and enjoyed for years:


Not only have these albums provided some excellent background music around our house, but they've made some fantastic skating programs for my students, as well!

Activities?

Not so much.  I think these songs are best used as the background music for times when you want to be able to concentrate better on whatever you're doing.

There is a book/CD combo, though.  I haven't seen it, but it sounds cute and covers a variety of artists, which is probably helpful for people with more self-control than me:

Looking for More Music?

There are over 60 different albums in this series, covering just about every music style out there.  Here are a few that are on my list:


There's even a compilation CD for those individuals who are able to limit their spending to just one selection which gives a little taste of the entire series:


I also discovered what looks like two other series that do something similar, although I don't know what they sound like yet:

 
Do you enjoy listening to children's songs in the form of calm lullabies, but are a rocker at heart?  Then these albums might be right up your alley!  Besides using them for background music, can you think of any other great times to play them?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday  
Linked up with Yes Works for Me 
Creative Ways 
Mommy Needs a Time Out Link Party 
The Mommy Club 
 Creative Collection
Totally Terrific Tuesday  
Kitchen Fun & Crafty
Inspiration Spotlight Party 
We Love Weekends 
Motivation Monday
Merry Monday
Mom 2 Mom Monday
Thoughtful Spot