Dairy-Free Dill Pickle Dip

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

I love dill pickles.


I love how they snap and crunch when I bite into them and the way they make my face pucker up when that juicy sourness hits my tongue.

So I was over the moon when I ran across a recipe for dill pickle dip the other day.  However, in typical dip fashion, the main ingredients were cream cheese and sour cream.

Ugh.  Like I said in my Delicious Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip post, you can pretty much add anything to cream cheese or sour cream and wind up with a tasty dip. 

Not exactly the healthiest option, especially when your significant other is allergic to dairy.

But now that the idea of a dip full of dill pickle goodness was stuck in my head, I knew I just had to figure out a way to make it.

I used my spinach artichoke dip for inspiration and created what I think is the perfect tangy dip for pickle-lovers everywhere.  Even if you don't have any problems with dairy, this dip is a healthier option for your snack cravings!


What You Need:


1 cup of soaked nuts (I used almonds)
2 large dill pickles
1/4 of an onion
pickle juice (possibly)


What You Do:


1.   Soak your nuts for an hour or two  (or even longer if you're interested in added digestion and nutritional benefits).  This amount of time will make them a bit softer and create a better consistency for your dip.

2.  Process the drained nuts in your Ninja (get one here) or food processor (find one here) until they're chopped up really well.

3.  Add in the pickles and the onion and process until everything is all blended together.

4.  If this mixture looks a little dry for your tastes at this point, then add in some pickle juice.  Try a Tablespoon at a time until it looks the way you want it to.

Mmmm...I thought this was so delicious, I gobbled it all up before G had a chance to try it, which of course meant I had to make another batch right away...

Do you love dill pickles, too?  If so, go whip up a batch of this dip and try your best to do a better job sharing it with the rest of your family than I did.  Then come tell me what you thought.  Leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less 
Linked up with I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom
Linked up with Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons  
Linked up with Yes Works for Me at We Are THAT Family
Linked up with Creative Ways at Posed Perfection 
Linked up with Weekend Potluck at Frugal Family Favorites  
I participated in Simple Saturdays Blog Hop 
Merry Monday 
Motivation Monday  
The Mommy Club  
Weekend Traffic Jam

2 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds great! I am going to have to try it my self since my cousin didn't share. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'd have shared if you were here, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete