Enjoy Improved Relationships By Using Nonviolent Communication, Part I

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

 

We can all use a little help dealing with people sometimes.

A friend shared what a difference Nonviolent Communication (NVC) was making in her life about a year ago and G and I decided to check it out for ourselves.

Ever since then, I haven't been able to help but bring the subject up with others on a regular basis and finally realized that this is great information that everyone could benefit from.

Who is everyone?
  • Couples
  • Parents
  • Siblings
  • Employers
  • Coworkers
  • Teachers
  • Friends
  • Individuals (Self-Care is important, too!)

Marshall Rosenberg, the creator of NVC, has even used this method of communicating to resolve conflicts between rival gangs, warring ethnic groups, and as a tool in international mediation.  It can pretty much be used to help anybody who communicates, feels, and has needs.

So what is NVC?  Well, over the next few weeks, I hope to explain just that in a series of posts.  I am in no way affiliated with NVC - just someone who has put the method into practice in her own life - and pretty much everything I'll be sharing is from what I've learned by working through the NVC process in my home.  G and I have watched youtube videos, listened to CDs , read books , attended training sessions, and spent hours putting what we've learned into practice.

Prior to learning about NVC, I felt that G and I communicated pretty well, but I knew there was always room for improvement in this relationship area.  I've been pleased to see how well this communication technique works and how much easier it gets to implement over time.

So, think of the people you regularly deal with and get ready to explore how to make those interpersonal relationships even better!  Join me for this series as we explore what Nonviolent Communication is all about.

Seriously, unless you are a hermit (and maybe even then), NVC concepts can make such a difference in how you view yourself and others.  Feel free to ask any questions regarding NVC you might have in the comments - and don't forget to sign up to receive Syncopated Mama blog updates by email, so you don't miss a single installment of this series!

Keep reading!  Find part two of my NVC series here.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less,  
Yes Works for Me at We Are THAT Family    
Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons 
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom  
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection  
Makeovers & Motherhood
Super Mommy Club