Answer Me This {Week 15} - Catching Up


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!


No, this series has not be revived.  

Yet.  

I'm still considering taking over and hosting the party here, but I've accepted a big posting challenge for next month that will preclude any other posts during that time and since that's just two weeks away, I thought in the meantime I'd go back and answer some of the questions from Answer Me This that occurred before I started joining in on all the fun. 

1. What's for dinner?

Well, I'm writing this on a Friday, so that means pizza.  Not really sure yet what type of pizza we'll wind up with tonight, but I do know that it will be a rummage-through-the-pantry-and-refrigerator-to-see-what-I-can-find-that-won't-taste-too-weird-on-a-pizza creation.  Sometimes those meals wind up being wonderful surprises.

And sometimes not.

We'll see which one tonight's selection ends up being.

2. What's the last thing you borrowed from someone?

That's an easy one:



When did I borrow it?  Um, well, about a year ago.  In fact, the really special gal I borrowed it from just asked me about it the other day when I was tutoring her and her brother.  I had to explain that yes, I still had it, but that every time I've picked it up to read it, some other book would come in from the library that I'd been on hold for forever and that still had a hold list a mile long, so I'd have to hurry and read that before it was due, since I couldn't renew it.

I just managed to finish this one before the due date arrived (and if you've ever read any of these lengthy novels, you know that's no easy task), so I'm hoping to finally pick up and read my borrowed selection. 

Have you read it?  What did you think?

3. What is your favorite prayer?




Totally unoriginal, but it really is just the perfect prayer.  Plus, it has the added "Awww" factor of being what G and I would pray together over the phone each night before falling asleep (and keeping the phone on next to us all night - thank goodness we were on the same phone network) when he was still living down in Miami.

4. What is the oldest thing in your house?


I'm thinking it's got to be one of two rings that came from my great-great aunt, but I would guess that this one is the older of the two: 



My mom gave it to me when I graduated from high school.  My great-great aunt had given it to her - I think also when she graduated high school - and I'm pretty sure it had been her sister's engagement ring before that.  Or something along those lines.  I need to clarify the background a bit more, I guess, but in any event, it's over a century old.

And I guess I only get to enjoy it about 16 1/2 more years, if I'm to continue the tradition and pass it on to Gv when she graduates...

5. What's the best concert you ever attended?

I wouldn't say I've been to a ton of concerts, so I don't really have a whole lot to choose from.  I'm not even sure I can remember what all I've been to...

My first concert was this one .  I saw it at the football stadium here in town about two decades ago and went mainly because I was a fan of one of the two artists, but left the concert blown away by the musical skills of the other.

Can you guess which was which?

Then I saw one of my favorite artists back in my hometown a few years after that.  I enjoyed her music, but the concert wasn't anything terribly exciting.

My mom came over a few years after that and went with me to see this guy .  That was an exciting concert and might have been my favorite if it hadn't been upstaged by the amazing concerts during a Billy Graham Crusade and the ever-fabulous (as well as super-affordable) Winter Jam Tour.

But by far, the best concert I've ever attended was one G surprised me with a couple years ago.  It was held in an amazing venue:


The incredible St. Eustache, Paris
And it was held on a super-cool date - New Year's Eve.

And it was a concert of my absolute favorite music ever, Vivaldi's The Four Seasons 

Yep, that one is definitely my favorite.

6. Do you have a nickname?

Not really - that's one of the reasons I have a name with only four letters.  My mom has a long name and despite the fact that she introduces herself with it, people always respond by shortening it to one of about a zillion nicknames - none of which she likes.

She didn't want me dealing with that issue, so she tried to come up with something that couldn't be shortened.

Despite her attempts, I've still had people call me "Lis" (said like "lease") as well as "Bootsy" (from my last name before I moved up in the world and traded in my "Boots" for "Heels").

So that catches me up on one week of answers.  I'd love to hear yours - leave them here in the comments or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com! 

Linked up with Kitchen Fun & Crafty  
Thrifty Thursday 
I'm Lovin It   
Kitchen Fun & Crafty  
Yes Works for Me