I've been sharing some of our favorite homemade pizza recipes ever since readers asked me to disclose what types of pies we usually eat (following my post about making homemade pizza for dinner every Friday night), but today I'm going to give you a list of some of the more unusual pizzas we tend to make on a regular basis.
These unique and unconventional ideas really break up the monotony of the typical pizza options, which we certainly also enjoy, but when you're eating this dish for dinner every Friday night, it's nice to mix things up a bit and consume something a little healthier, too.
I'll probably continue to share the recipes for most of these as I make them again, but for now, here is my list of 15 delicious pizzas you wouldn't think to make:
- Sweet Potato Pizza
- Broccoli & Carrot Pizza (this uses regular red sauce and mozzarella)
- Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pizza
- Spinach, Garlic, & Caper Pizza (with red sauce and mozzarella)
- Thai Curry Pizza
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Pizza (white sauce and mozzarella)
- Golden Beet Pizza
- Indian Curry Pizza (similar to the Thai pizza, but with cauliflower, onion, and a creamy Indian curry base)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza (pretty much this pasta recipe, minus the pasta, on a pizza)
- Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Pizza (I grind some tomatoes up for a "sauce," then cover it with spinach, cheese, and more tomatoes)
- Ricotta & Red Onion Pizza (uses a red sauce, this delicious & simple homemade cheese, and often some spinach, too)
- Tarragon Potato Pizza (often also includes onions, I make this with both a red and white sauce an all sorts of cheeses)
- Feta Asparagus Pizza (no sauce, olive oil & roasted asparagus spears, feta & mozzarella)
- Savory Squash Pizza (made with pumpkin or any other squash and typical stuffing spices, like you'd use at Thanksgiving)
- Mediterranean Pizza (sometimes made without sauce, this is topped with tomato, feta, Kalamata olives, and spinach)
What's your favorite type of pizza? Do you prefer standard versions, or enjoy trying pies of a more unique and unconventional nature? I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips and all the other fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox, along with eight of these fantastic recipes in a free printable!.
Linked up with: Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Tell it to Me Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wordless Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, WFMW, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, The Mommy Club, Summer Family Fun Party, The Ladies Collective, This Is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday, Weekend Potluck,