After writing my 24 Thrifty Toys for a 2‐Year‐Old post the other day, I figured it was worth checking in with some of the previous thrifty toy post selections to see which ones were still huge hits and going strong, even though Gv is older now.
She's moved on from some of the items featured earlier, but I was surprised at how many are still holding her interest, even up to a year later!
From the 10 Month thrifty toys post:
- Old magazines (which are really just free grocery magazines that come in the mail)
- Cheese container (except I replaced the blocks with a set of large dice, since she's been into building things with the blocks lately)
- Tissue box stuffed with scarves (although now I've relocated the scarves into an old wipes container, to make it more challenging for her)
- Sticks & rocks
- Towels & washcloths
- Greens container
- Zippered pencil case & change purse (Whoops, I'd forgotten I'd already shared these when I wrote the 24 Toys post. Oh well, they're that good and deserve to be shared twice!)
- Headlamp (although now she'll turn it on the red setting, hold it up to a dresser drawer or wall, and say, "Whooo! Owl!" for excitement)
Have you been surprised at some of the toys that have had real staying power around your house? I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox.
Linked up with: Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Tell it to Me Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, WFMW, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, The Mommy Club, Summer Family Fun Party, The Ladies Collective, This Is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday,