Crazy-Lazy Breadsticks!

Sometimes you just need to throw together dinner fast and these super-simple and speedy breadsticks are a great accompaniment for those times!  


Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I'll receive a small affiliate commission at no cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting my efforts with this blog!


I'm always making bread around here. 

Usually, I have at least a general idea of what I'll be doing for dinner all week, so I'm not often caught scrambling around trying to take care of the bread or buns or dough I need for each night's meal.

But sometimes, I just don't feel like proceeding with the plan and decide to whip up a quick something - often some comforting soup - and am faced with a doughy dilemma.



Oh, sure, I can always resort to the "quick" cycle on my bread machine, but for those times I'm tempted to pick up the phone and order some cheesy bread, I turn instead to this insanely easy recipe.

These breadsticks aren't quite up to the refined level of more time-intensive versions, but they work just fine in a pinch and are just too easy to pass up!



What You Need


2 1/2 cups warm water

4 cups flour (I used whole wheat)

2 Tablespoons honey

2 teaspoons yeast

1 teaspoon salt


When the dough's ready, you just plunk it down into the pan!



What You Do



1.  Stir everything together until smooth, then cover and let sit 30 minutes.

2. Pour it all onto a baking mat-lined pan and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.

3. Cut into breadstick strips with a pizza wheel and chow down!




See? Insanely easy.

Perfect for my crazy-lazy self!


These are super-simple to "dress up," too! Just brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic or cheese or whatever else your little heart desires on a breadstick and gobble them up!



Do you ever encounter situations where you'd love some breadsticks, but just don't have the time to whip up a batch the "normal" way? I'd love to hear!  Either leave a comment below or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.


Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox.

Linked up with: Favorite Things, Over the Moon, Share the Wealth Sunday, Dishing it & Digging it, What's for Dinner?, Family Joy Blog Link-Up,  Literacy Musings Monday, Practical Mondays, Homeschool Nook Link Up, Happiness is Homemade, Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Meet Up Monday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Together on Tuesdays, Show Me Yours Linky, Tasty Tuesdays, Little Learning Link Up, Two Uses Tuesday, Hip Homeschool Hop, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party  Tuesday Talk, Wonderful Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, Everything Early Childhood, Creative Muster, Party in Your PJs,What to Read,I Am Pinnable, Christian Bloggers Link Up, This Is How We Roll, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,  100 Happy Days, Try It Like It, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Tune in Thursdays,  Booknificent Thursdays, Thursday Favorite Things, I'm Lovin' It, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Weekend Potluck, Awesome Life Friday, Creative Collection, The Beautifully Creative Inspired , Bloggers Pit Stop, Weekend Traffic Jam, Pin Me Party,  From the Archives, Family Fun Friday, Friday Frivolity, Bloggers Spotlight, Make My Saturday Sweet, Weekend Wind-Down Party,Friday Features Linky, Funtastic Friday , Best of the Weekend, Sweet Inspiration Link Party, Small Victories Sunday, You're Invited,  Love to Learn Tuesdays

6 comments:

  1. Ooh these sound so food...and crazy-lazy is pretty much the only way I cook, so that part is perfect too! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good. I wonder how the recipe would work with half barley or rye flour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy is my first name! LOL - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made some tortellini soup this week and was scrounging around last minute for a bread idea.. I was going to have my husband stop and buy some when I realized I had pizza dough on hand and could whip up some bread-sticks (I topped mine with a bit of melted butter, garlic powder, parm cheese and parsley since it was a tomato-y soup). I have decided bread-sticks are perfect when paired with soup! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look very yummy and oh so easy! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fast and easy is my favorite cooking style! These would fit right in and they sound delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe on Party in Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete