Crockpot Dill Pickle Soup

Add some tang to your soup repertoire by introducing this dill pickle dish to your family!  


Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I'll receive a small affiliate commission at no cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting my efforts with this blog!

I love dill pickles.

Not quite as much as the Duggars, but I can easily put away several pickles at one time.

We also really enjoy soup around here and since I try to make a different one each week for dinner, I like to get creative with the flavors to keep things interesting.

I thought this turned out great and G declared it one of his absolute favorites:


What You Need


1 stick butter

1 cup flour

6 cups chicken stock

2 cups dill pickle juice

1 1/2 cups diced dill pickles

2 cups mashed potatoes (you can also use cubed, raw potato, but I often freeze a bunch of mashed potatoes at one time to keep on hand for recipes, so I just went with that)

1 cup diced carrots

1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

pinch cayenne pepper

1 cup yogurt (see how to make your own here!)


At some point, I'll take a better picture, but I didn't do a good job combining the yogurt with the soup since we were all so starving by the time I'd made it. Then I couldn't take a better photo the next day because we'd devoured the entire pot in one night! Just imagine this looking a bit creamier and not having the white globs floating around in it...


What You Do



1.  On the stove, melt the butter, then stir in the flour to make a roux. Whisk in 1/2 cup of chicken broth, then remove from heat.

2.  Add this mixture to your crockpot and stir in the rest of the chicken stock until well combined. Dump in everything else but the yogurt and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. (You can also just make this in a pot on the stove. I bring it all to a boil and then let it simmer for 1-2 hours.)

3. Stir in the yogurt (do a better job than I did the other night -- or just ignore the yogurt globs and enjoy digging right in, like we did) and serve.

Are you a pickle fiend? I'd love to hear!  Either leave a comment below or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.


Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox.

Linked up with: Favorite Things, Over the Moon, Share the Wealth Sunday, Dishing it & Digging it, What's for Dinner?, Family Joy Blog Link-Up,  Literacy Musings Monday, Practical Mondays, Homeschool Nook Link Up, Happiness is Homemade, Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Meet Up Monday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Together on Tuesdays, Show Me Yours Linky, Tasty Tuesdays, Little Learning Link Up, Two Uses Tuesday, Hip Homeschool Hop, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party  Tuesday Talk, Wonderful Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, Everything Early Childhood, Creative Muster, Party in Your PJs,What to Read,I Am Pinnable, Christian Bloggers Link Up, This Is How We Roll, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,  100 Happy Days, Try It Like It, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Tune in Thursdays,  Booknificent Thursdays, Thursday Favorite Things, I'm Lovin' It, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Weekend Potluck, Awesome Life Friday, Creative Collection, The Beautifully Creative Inspired , Bloggers Pit Stop, Weekend Traffic Jam, Pin Me Party,  From the Archives, Family Fun Friday, Friday Frivolity, Bloggers Spotlight, Make My Saturday Sweet, Weekend Wind-Down Party,Friday Features Linky, Funtastic Friday , Best of the Weekend, Sweet Inspiration Link Party, Small Victories Sunday, You're Invited,  Love to Learn Tuesdays