Answer Me This {Week 1}

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

I'm joining in on the fun with Kendra at Catholic All Year for this weekly post:

1. Beach or Mountains? Where would you rather be?


Easily the mountains.  I know that soon after we pass through Athens, GA, my muscles will begin to relax as we continue north on 441 and begin to have our first views of the mountains.  I'll roll down the window and take deep breaths of that clean, green air when we get as far as Tallulah Gorge.  That last hour and a half of driving will fly by as we pass familiar landmarks and sleepy towns that time has forgotten.  Finally, we'll wind our way back to "our" camping spot and set up the tent amidst the gurgles and splashes of the babbling brook as we catch glimpses of deer as they venture out for their evening meal.

It's quiet.  It's still.  It's happiness.

2. Which is more fun: Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning?


Christmas Eve.  It's full of anticipation and last-minute scrambling to wrap those final presents, a candlelight service full of traditional carols and a reminder of the reason for the celebration, and a return home to special edible treats which complement a cuddly couch-viewing of a favorite movie when we giggle and quote lines and remember that love actually is all around.

3. What's the most embarrassing childhood outfit you remember wearing?


Oh, gosh.  It would have to be my general look from junior high school.  A photo would be so helpful right now, but I don't think one exists, so you'll just have to be content with this image in your mind:  Picture clear, large-framed eighties eyeglasses.  Now add one of those glasses leashes that slide over the earpieces and go around your neck, like little old ladies wear, except theirs are all fancy and bedazzled and the one I wear is not.  Now add in a headgear.  And as if that all wasn't enough, I felt the need to hold my long, straight hair out of my face with a shoelace as a headband.


And each of these items was a different day-glow color because I don't think any colors existed in the 80's besides florescent yellow and green and neon pink and purple!


So, um, yeah.  That's pretty much the most embarrassing outfit I remember wearing.  And I wore it with everything.

4. Your house is quiet, you don't have to do work (housework included). What do you do?


Read, of course!  Same thing I do any moment I have a spare second - I don't even need the quiet house!  Waiting for water to boil?  Pick up a book.  Arrived somewhere a minute or two early?  Pull out a book.  Those last few moments at night, when Gv has eaten herself to dreamland and G has turned out the light?  Squeeze in one more page or two of a book (headlamps aren't just for camping, you know!) before succumbing to sleep.

5. What movie do you want to watch when you're feeling under the weather?


Depends on what type of weather I'm feeling under.  Headache?  This one.   Queasy stomach?  This one.   Cramps?  This one.   Just plain tired and exhausted?  This one will fix it!   Stuck in bed all day (like waiting for a baby to arrive)?  It would be this or this .  Of course, if you're a kid home sick from school in the 80's, that meant Bob Barker and the Price is Right, along with reruns of old shows like Andy Griffith, Gomer Pyle, Leave it to Beaver, Bewitched, Beverly Hillbillies, I Dream of Jeannie...

6. Did you have an American Girl doll when you were little? If so, which one?

Gee, I don't often feel my age, but I guess this this question changes things, because I remember first hearing about these dolls from my skating students - most of whom excitedly brought the ice skating one (don't even know what that particular doll's name is) with them to the rink to "watch" them in their lessons from the comfort of the dasher boards.

I'd love to hear your Answer Me This answers!  Leave them here in the comments or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  Or, if you blog, then link up to the party and let me know you did here in the comments so I can go check it out!