Homemade Aluminum-Free Baking Powder

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it!  I’ll get a little bonus.



Reasons to start making this yourself

1.  It's easy.

2.  It's cheap.

3.  You can make a customized amount to match your usage which means you won't waste half a container of the stuff due to decreased potency.

4.  It's aluminum-free - not just important for health reasons, because who wants to taste a bunch of tinny baked goods?

5.  It's convenient (no more trips to the store because you discover you're out of this crucial ingredient!)

What You Need


1 teaspoon baking soda (find it here)


What You Do


1.  Measure the ingredients into a container of your choice (I like to use an old yeast jar, because it's small, but still has a wide mouth).

2.  Put the top on and shake to mix.

3.  Pat yourself on the back for learning to make this yourself.  If you want to pretty up the jar, have at it.  I'm not so into pretty, but I find it's easy to have the recipe on the jar so I don't have to rely on my mommy brain for the ingredient amounts.  Also, depending on your needs, you might want to make more (or less) of this at a time.  I've found this amount is just right for me, but if you do a lot of baking, you  might want to make a larger batch.


What do you think?  Will you try to make this yourself?  I'd love to hear about it, if you do!  Leave me a comment here or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox. 

Linked up with Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons Kitchen Fun & Crafty party.
Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less
Linked up with Works for Me Wednesdays at We Are THAT Family 
Linked up with I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom 
Linked up with Creative Ways Link Party at Posed Perfection 
Merry Mondays Link Party  
 The Mommy Club
The Super Mommy Club  
Creative Collection 
Motivation Monday 
Tuesday Tutorials 
I participated in Simple Saturdays Blog Hop 
Thoughtful Spot 
Weekend Traffic Jam