Good All-Around Whole Wheat Bread

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!



You may remember from this post that I said I haven't purchased store bread for years.  I have many interesting bread recipes that I enjoy and I make a variety of them pretty often, but I also make this standard loaf to have on-hand all the time, especially for sandwiches.


As I've said before, you don't need a bread maker to make bread, but it's just so easy to dump your ingredients in, walk away, and a few hours later come back to a fresh-baked loaf of bread that I highly recommend getting one.  (This one looks like a good one to try!)

What You Need (makes a large loaf):


1/2 cup water

1 cup milk (I've used a variety of milks & all are fine. Sometimes I just use water for this, too)

4 Tablespoons coconut oil

4 Tablespoons honey

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (although sometimes I mix this up with spelt or other flours)

1 Tablespoon yeast

What You Do:


1.  Dump everything into your bread maker (usually you want it all to be room temperature and to add the wet ingredients before the dry, but check your manual for specifics)

2.  Select whole-wheat or basic cycle and normal or medium crust.

3.  Hit start and walk away.  A few hours later you'll have some fresh bread to enjoy!

Do you eat much bread at your house?  Are you a sandwich person?  Do you ever make your own bread?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com. 

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less
Linked up with Yes Works for Me at We are THAT Family 
Linked up with Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons  
Linked up with I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom  
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection   
Weekend Potluck 
Simple Saturdays