Answer Me This {Week 12}



I'm joining in on the fun with Kendra at Catholic All Year for this weekly post:

1. What do you still want to do this summer?


Hmmm, actually summer ends for us today, since G heads back to his classroom tomorrow.  We had been looking forward to our last "hurrah" of the break with a visit to Miami, so as of this weekend (nothing like squeezing it in at the last minute) we were able to check that one off the list.

We didn't complete all the around-the-house projects that had been on our list, but I guess that's to be expected when you go off and live in a tent in the mountains for a month.

There are plenty of weekends to start tackling that to-do list, though, and I'm glad we were able to have the time away as a family.


2. What's your favorite kind of pie?

I'm not really into pie or cake, but I do like cheesecake.

I just Googled whether cheesecake was a pie or a cake and totally got sucked into this huge debate...which I stopped myself from reading because I figure hey, I don't really care what it is, I just like it...

So cheesecake.

3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?

The past two years my sleep has been all over the place.  That's what you get from being pregnant and having a baby.  However, I actually think I started getting MORE sleep once Gv was born (thanks, co-sleeping!)  Lately we've been on a crazy summer schedule (like eating dinner around a campfire at midnight), but before all that wackiness, I realized that getting 8 hours of sleep is really necessary for me and I was getting to the point where I would get that fairly consistently.

Since tomorrow starts the new school year, I'm expecting to get back to that routine, so we'll see how that goes...

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?

Despite the fact that we live less than 30 minutes from the beach, we don't get there often.  We do tend to go each time we're down in Miami, and I think that's my favorite spot.  The east coast is so much "beachier" because there are WAVES and SAND and down in Miami there's also that beautiful aquamarine water...

This photo is from 2011, which makes me tempted to say that's why my legs are whiter than the sand...but that would totally be not true, because my legs are probably even more glowingly fabulous now...

Rivers are my favorite locations for kayaking, as long as I don't have to paddle back UPstream at the end of the journey (although I'd still prefer that to open water kayaking in the ocean, which is difficult both out and back).

 
Out in the Gulf, but I'm smiling because I'm just drifting at the moment.  The facial expression completely changes once the paddling back to land occurs.


I'm not a fan of lake water.

I've never had a pool, but that's probably where I'd choose to swim, although before Gv was born, G introduced me to ocean swimming (I'd grown up thinking that the ocean was just for body surfing and playing around in - who knew you could actually SWIM in the darned thing, once you got far enough out there, past the breaking waves?)


5. Do you know any poems by heart?

Oh, sure, but I know even more partially by heart.  I could blame baby brain, but it's really just due to the incredible number of years that have passed between when I memorized them (high school) and now (much, much, MUCH later)...

I can still say parts of the Jabberwocky.  And the intro to Canterbury Tales in Old English. 

And hey, here's the first part (all I can remember) of a really awesome poem I wrote for a poetry project back in 7th Grade:

Racing around
all over town
she cannot be found
the dog.

Good stuff, there, right?  I know, I totally missed my calling as a bard.

Here's the adorable inspiration for that masterpiece:




6. Do you use the public library?

Hahahaha, excuse me while I go pick myself off the floor from my bout of the giggles.

If you know me, you know that the answer to this question is a resounding YES.

If you don't know me, but you get even the tiniest glimpse into our home and see that we have half our local library's book & media collections covering our shelves, then you know the answer is YES.

I've actually written a blog post (coming soon) about the library and all its awesomeness.  I've had it written for months, but I keep thinking of new facets of magnificence to add, so the publishing of it keeps getting pushed later and later.

I worked at a library in college and learned just how great & handy it could be, so, um, YES, I use the public library.

A little bit.

I'd love to hear your Answer Me This answers!  Leave them here in the comments or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  Or, if you blog, then link up to the party and let me know you did here in the comments so I can go check it out!