Power-Packed Protein Bites

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!



Like my homemade granola, these sweet treats are easy to bring along with you when you're out and about (like on a camping trip) or to keep in the refrigerator for a quick, energy-filled snack at home.

The best part is, they're super-easy to make - you just mix them up and they're ready to go!

What You Need:

 
1 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup nut/seed butter (I used sun butter on this occasion)

1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut

1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used these for this batch)

1/3 cup honey (start with this amount and work your way down - I just use 1 Tablespoon for us)

1/4 cup chia seeds

2 Tablespoons hemp powder 

1 teaspoon vanilla (although I usually squirt in a bit more)

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

What You Do:


1.  Dump everything into a large bowl.



2.  Mix everything up.  I find it's easiest to use my (clean) hands to do this.

3.  If you want, squeeze the mixture into cute little bite-sized balls:



4.  Or, if you're lazy like I usually am, just smoosh it all into a container and eat it with a spoon:



This is one of our favorite things to have on hand to grab for an easy breakfast, or a tasty snack.  I'd love to hear which way you enjoy them best - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less,
Yes Works for Me at We Are THAT Family   
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom  
Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons 
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection  
Weekend Potluck at Frugal Family Favorites