Bold Blueberry Cheesecake

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!




If you read about my recent Monday, you'll know that I had to do something with 17 pounds of frozen blueberries from our spring blueberry-picking encounter pronto, and this delicious cheesecake is one way I solved that problem.

I took a standard blueberry cheesecake recipe I'd had for years and combined it with some ideas from my yummy strawberry cheesecake and created what I feel is a lower-in-sugar-but-higher-in-taste winning recipe!

What You Need:


1 cup graham cracker crumbs

2 Tablespoons melted butter

1 teaspoon cinnamon

32 ounces softened cream cheese

1/3 cup honey

3 Tablespoons whole wheat flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups blueberries (plus 1/2 a cup to add to the top, if you'd like)

What You Do:


1.  Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and cinnamon and press into the bottom of a springform pan (have you seen one like this? ) and bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees.

2. Beat together the cream cheese, honey, flour and salt (easiest in this ).

3.  Add in the eggs and vanilla until blended.

4.  Gently stir in the berries.


5.  Pour over crust and bake 55 minutes at 325 degrees (it will still jiggle in the middle). 

6.  Let sit in the turned-off oven (crack the door open) for 10 more minutes.



7.  Top with 1/2 cup of berries (if you'd like) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.




I've also made this recipe with 8 ounces of yogurt in place of 8 ounces of the cream cheese and 1 of the eggs.  Usually it all depends on what ingredients I have on hand and whether I'm in the mood to indulge with all that cream cheese or not.  Try it yourself, sometime!

Do you love cheesecake as much as I do?  What type is your favorite?  I think this blueberry version is certainly a winner, do you?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less 
Kitchen Fun & Crafty 
Yes Works for Me  
Weekend Potluck 
I'm Lovin It 
Merry Mondays 
Creative Ways