31 Days of Great Children's Music: Hear and Gone in 60 Seconds


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here


I love the unique concept behind this album - it's a collection of original music from different popular children's music artists with each song lasting just a minute!  This means you get a great variety of musical styles on one album - it's like going to a buffet and getting to sample a little of everything!

I always seem to gravitate towards the silly songs on an album and my favorite selections from this collection of fun children's songs was no different.  Here are just a few:

More Than Just a Minute gets stuck in my head for days after I hear it, but that's okay, because it's a good song - it reminds me a little bit of Chris Rice's Cartoons song (which, by the way, is also a pretty fun song for kids, even though it's not on a kid's album).

I Love My Brother (Sometimes) just makes me laugh.  Not having siblings myself, I can't relate, but I have certainly heard all about this topic from my former primary students.

Rocks in My Pockets reminds me of a Broadway tune.  Now there's an idea for the next hit on the Big White Way - Rocks in My Pockets, Toads on My Toes, and Other Hazards of Raising a Boy.  I'll even let you develop that money-making idea yourself - just send me a couple of tickets for opening night, mmm-kay?

There's a Bowl of Milk in the Moonlight cracks me up, puts a stitch in my side, and reminds me of the Jingle Cats - Meowy Christmas album - or this commercial:



Activities

  • The song Hey, Picasso easily lends itself to all sorts of art projects.  You can Google or Pin projects until the cows come home, or you can grab these fabulous books for some creative ways to introduce your child to creating art in the different styles of the great masters:




  • Besides being super-catchy and reminding me of a pop song from the 80s, Alphabet Soup calls for both a fun meal and a clever letter-recognition game.  To play the game, simply fill a pot with water and dump in a set of magnetic letters like thesethen have your child scoop out certain letters (spelling their name, sight words, or in order of the alphabet) with a slotted spoon.
  • Learn to samba after listening to Samba One, Samba Two.  There are many YouTube videos that can teach you the basic steps.  Here's one to get you started:

To Read

  • Listen to Hey, Picasso and read up on great art as well as the artist's life:

  • I have had these adorable books on my wish list for some time and they would match up perfectly with Travelin' the USA:
 

More Music

You can find a couple of the artists I've highlighted on previous 31 Days posts on today's album.  See this post and this post for more.

I'll also be highlighting a couple of albums from other artists featured on this CD in upcoming posts.



How many of these artists of children's songs have you heard of?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  

Linked up with:  Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Good Tips Tuesday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Tuesday Tutorials, Two Uses Tuesday, The Mommy Club, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, WFMW, Homestead Blog Hop,Wordless Wednesday,Fluster's Creative Muster, A Little Bird Told Me,Creative Ways, Thrifty Thursday, Creative Exchange, Hearts for Home, Frugal Family Linky, This is How We Roll, Ladies Collective,I'm Lovin It, Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Awesome Life Fridays, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday,