31 Days of Great Children's Music: Silly Songs with Larry


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here


So I'm not as familiar with the whole Veggie Tales world as most of my friends are, but I'm sure I'll be getting better acquainted with them over the next few years.  I got this album years ago so I could create some fun programs for my figure skating students and then once I heard how fun the songs were, I added a few others to my collection.  I've been listening to and enjoying them ever since.

My favorite songs are a tie between The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything and Do the Moo Shoo, although I Love My Lips is right up there with them - "It's a lip, it's a lip, it's a lip lip lip!"

This album is goofy in all the right ways.

Activities

  • Grab some Chinese take-out, or cook some up yourself while listening to Do the Moo Shoo.
  • In the spirit of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, dress up like a pirate for a day with this.
The bonus is that you'll be all set for Talk Like a Pirate Day (usually held on September 19th) and score a dozen free Krispy Kreme donuts.  Ooooh...donuts...Krispy Kreme...I can see that HOT NOW sign glowing and hear that sugary glaze calling my name right now...

Oh, I know, you're shocked because you know what types of recipes I post on this blog and how little sugar we eat, but come on, these are Krispy Kremes we're talking about here!

  • His Cheeseburger makes me think of this.

I find the price listed here outrageous, but I've always thought this play set looked like so much fun.  If you're not in the mood for some Play-Doh fun, then you could always have some burgers for dinner.  Just please, please, don't eat something that this documentary:



showed will remain in the same pristine state months and months after it sits out on a counter...

Watch the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about.

And yes, I know I'm being totally hypocritical with this burger caveat after all that Krispy Kreme drooling I did up there.

But again, they're Krispy Kremes.

To Watch

There are plenty of fun Veggie Tale DVDs out there.  I haven't watched any myself yet, but I've heard these are some cute ones:

 

More Music

You can easily build an entire library out of Veggie Tales music.  Here are just a few others to check out:


Do you get a healthy helping of veggies at your house?  What are your thoughts on these children's songs?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  .

Linked up with:  Merry Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Motivation Monday, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Two Uses Tuesday, Tuesday Tutorials,Totally Terrific Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday,The Mommy Club, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, WFMW, A Little Bird Told MeHomestead Blog Hop, Wordless Wednesday, Fluster Buster's Creative Muster, Ladies Collective,This is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Hearts for Home, Creative Ways, Thrifty Thursday, Creative ExchangeKitchen Fun & Crafty, I'm Lovin' It, Front Porch Fridays, Awesome Life Fridays, Home Matters Linky, Pretty Pintastic Party, Inspiration Spotlight