31 Days of Great Children's Music: Miss Ella's Playhouse


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here 

 

Gv immediately began dancing when the first song started playing and didn't stop until the end!  Well, she'd pause in-between songs, but only to point to the stereo and exclaim, obviously wondering where the great music went.

Now, I do have to say that we're big Ella Fitzgerald fans around here, and we listen to quite a bit of jazz (G is a huge fan) and big band music around the house, so Gv is kind of already used to this type of music.

Gosh, I can tell this is going to be one of our favorite albums - great Ella children's songs that sound just like normal Ella songs.

I really liked pretty much every song, but my favorite was the spunky track The Hot Canary. The only thing I didn't like about this album was the fact that I hadn't discovered it years ago.

Activities

To Read

Did you know there's a Bubble Gum Day in February?  I didn't, but here are several books to commemorate the occasion:

 

More Music

I am hoping to look further into these other jazz albums for kids, but in the meantime, check them out yourself:


This isn't a contemporary album, but one full of classic music.  Ella Fitzgerald never goes out of style - and the fact that she's singing children's songs is an added bonus.  Is this album something for you to get excited about?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with:
Merry Monday
Thoughtful Spot
Motivation Monday
Mom 2 Mom Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend 
Good Tips Tuesday
Totally Terrific Tuesday
Tuesday Tutorials 
The Mommy Club
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Works for Me Wednesday
A Little Bird Told Me
Homestead Blog Hop 
Wordless Wednesday
Thrifty Thursday
Creative Ways
Creative Exchange
Hearts for Home
Frugal Family Linky
This is How We Roll
Ladies Collective 
I'm Lovin' It
Kitchen Fun & Crafty
Inspiration Spotlight
Awesome Life Friday
Home Matters
Pretty Pintastic Party
Front Porch Friday
Creative Collection