31 Days of Great Children's Music: World Sing-Along


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here


Yes, this is the second post in my 31 Days series covering music from Putumayo, but as I said when I highlighted the Playground series, we really love music from all around the world in our household, so having two days of it here makes total sense.

And this album is a bit different, because the songs are more of a sing-along style (although I totally find myself singing along to the Playground songs, too!).  Another thing that sets these worldly children's songs apart from the others is that many songs are performed by popular children's music artists.

My favorite selection from this CD is Jig Jog Gee, performed by none other than Dan Zanes!  I thought it was nifty to realize that I'd already been enjoying some of his songs (there are two on this album) when I came across his albums in my research for this series.

Activities

  • Get inspired by the cultural variety this music provides and hit the road, the skies, or the open water!  Whether your finances and schedule allow for circumventing the globe, crossing state lines, or just exploring the sights in your own backyard, plan a family vacation!  Check out my Pinterest board, On the Road Again, for a great collection of ideas to ramp up the fun factor while traveling with kids.
  • If you're really brave, sell off all your stuff and pack up the family for a nomadic life!  Or, if you're not quite ready to commit to that step just yet, do what I do, and just read about a family who is doing this.  My two favorites are WorldTravelFamily.com and TheArtofSimpleTravel.net.
  • Maybe you'd love to explore a different part of the world, but that just isn't an option at the moment.  Well, then just bring that country to you!  If you homeschool, you can easily turn this idea into an entire week of study, but even if you don't, you could do things like planning your dinner menu around typical food from a certain country, making crafts, and playing festive music to help transport you there in spirit.

To Visit

As I've said before, G and I love learning new languages.  Choose a new one to learn with your family and check out these great free language sites for kids:


and these, for the grown-ups:

To Read

Some just-for-kids books from one of our favorite guide publishers that this album calls to mind:


 
 

More Music

Just a few others in the fantastic Putumayo collection:

 

Do you love to travel?  Have you had the chance to get out there and do it, or are you more of an armchair tourist?  Have you ever explored music from around the world?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  

Linked up with:  Merry Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Motivation Monday, Mom 2 Mom Mondays, What'd You Do This Weekend, Good Tips Tuesday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, The Mommy Club, Hit Me With Your Best Shot,WFMW, A Little Bird Told Me, Homestead Blog Hop, Wordless Wednesday, Fluster Buster's Creative Muster, Grandma Ideas, Thrifty Thursday, Creative Ways, Ladies Collective, This is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Hearts for Home Creative Exchange, I'm Lovin It, Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Awesome Life Friday, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday,