Although they're certainly a tasty cookie, I probably won't make them again until next year (when I need the B&W concept again), simply because there are so many other types of cookies out there that are my absolute favorites.
However, I do think these are the perfect cookies for certain occasions, and I'm guessing that after my upcoming post appears, you'll want to whip up a batch, too!
What You Need
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons chia seeds + 6 Tablespoons water (put these together in a bowl) - or 2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (make your own!)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon coconut milk (or cream)
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
What You Do
1. Cream the sugar and butter together, add the chia seed mixture (or eggs) in your stand mixer, then add the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
2. Mix the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl, then add them to the sugar bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Scoop out onto silicone mat and bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes.
4. Remove cookies to rack as soon as you can to cool.
5. Place powdered sugar in bowl, then microwave the 1/4 cup coconut milk with the butter until butter is melted (about 30 seconds). Add this and the vanilla to the powdered sugar bowl and stir until smooth.
6. Melt chocolate chips and remaining 1 Tablespoon coconut milk in microwave until melted (about 45 seconds). Add half of powdered sugar mixture to this bowl and stir until combined.
7. Turn the cookies flat side up and cover each with half of the white icing and half of the chocolate icing.
Have you ever had one of these cookies before? What do you think is special about it, besides its clever appearance? Do you have any guesses as to why I needed a cookie that looked exactly like this the other day? I'd love to hear! Comment here or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox.
Linked up with: Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Tell it to Me Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday, Talented Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, WFMW, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, The Mommy Club, Summer Family Fun Party, Creative Muster, Grandma Ideas, The Ladies Collective, This Is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday, Weekend Potluck, Awesome Life Friday, Creative Collection,