Briny Kalamata Olive Dip

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

 
We celebrated Gv's 1st birthday last weekend and held a low-key get-together at a nearby park.  Every party (no matter how small) needs a good theme and since Gv doesn't have an opinion on these things yet, I went with my favorite motif of rainbows.

There was one recipe that I was commanded to get up here right away - Briny Kalamata Olive Dip!  (I discovered this while trying to come up with something that would fulfill the purple requirement in the dip category)

I have to admit, this dip was a little too salty for me, even though it was definitely tasty.  I was happy to discover the saltiness was toned down a bit after an overnight stay in the refrigerator, but I still could only really handle it with bread as my choice of dipper.

What You Need:


2 1/2 cups of drained kalamata olives (I'm thinking plain black olives would be good, too)

2 (or more) cloves of garlic

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Possibly 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil

What You Do:


1.  This is so simple, it's ridiculous.  Dump the olives, garlic, and cheese in a Ninja and blend.  If you need to thin it out (I didn't, my olives were oily enough), then add some olive oil, a Tablespoon at a time. 

2.  Besides bread, you might enjoy this dip with an assortment of veggies, tortilla chips, or some pita pieces.

I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the saltiness, if you try it.  Please leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.

Linked up with:
Kitchen Fun & Crafty at Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons   
Yes, Works for Me at We Are THAT Family  
I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom   
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection  
Weekend Potluck at Frugal Family Favorites  
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop 
Merry Monday 
Thoughtful Spot 
Motivation Monday  
Mom 2 Mom Monday
Good Tips Tuesday 
Totally Terrific Tuesday
Tuesday Tutorials
The Mommy Club
Hit Me with Your Best Shot 
Works for Me Wednesday 
Thrifty Thursday
Creative Ways 
Creative Exchange
Hearts for Home
Frugal Family Linky
 Weekend Traffic Jam