Answer Me This {Week 8}

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!

I'm joining in on the fun with Kendra at Catholic All Year for this weekly post:


1. How did you get your name?


My dad called me Igorilla in the womb, but then I was Baby Girl Johnson for several days after I was born until my parents learned that they HAD to name me before they could leave the hospital.  I think I was almost a Misty (I am so NOT a Misty) before they settled on Lisa.  My middle name was chosen to honor my mom's very very special great-aunt and it's one my mom and I both share.
My mom and I with our middle-namesake.  Wow, those are some groovy pants, Mommy!


2. Do you have a set time for prayer in your day?

I'm definitely a morning person and I've always done this just after I wake up.  For a long time when I was having to rush off to work, I would be so limited on time that I'd have to engage in extremely creative multi-tasking.  I discovered that there was no better place to read my Bible and pray than in the bathroom...while, um, sitting around contemplating other important matters...  Ahem.  Yep, I said it.   Toilet worship:  Not just for the morning-after partying crowd.

But now I've got a totally new routine and I wanted to establish something more, er, proper for Gv to grow up with.  So I usually wake up and have a bit of time to myself before she stirs when I'm able to pray and read my Bible along with a bit of whatever faith-related book I'm working through at the moment and then when she wakes up, we read a story from this awesome rhyming Bible for kids and then pray and then we go change her diaper, although, hmmm...maybe I should start multi-tasking again, and do all of that while changing her diaper...


3. Did your mom work or stay home (or both)?


She stayed home and it was the bee's knees and now I'm getting to do that and it's the bee's knees, too, but gosh, it sure does take an awful lot of glucosamine and chondroitin to keep up with all the work that those bee's knees go through in a typical day at home...



4. Do you vote?


Yes, but not usually in all the smaller elections, unless I feel really moved am even aware that they're going on.  There have definitely been some small ones that have had issues or candidates that I've been passionate about, though.



5. What's your favorite drink?


I wish I could come up with something all exciting, like having my own signature drink or something, but it's honestly just boring old water.


6. How are your photography skills?


The same as my music and art skills:  I enjoy it.

Gee whiz, I don't know.  Better than some, not as good as others.  I can usually manage not to chop the heads off of most people I photograph, although sometimes I do slip up and capture them with things like trees, buildings, and poles growing out of them...


I'd love to hear your Answer Me This answers!  Leave them here in the comments or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.  Or, if you blog, then link up to the party and let me know you did here in the comments so I can go check it out!