The Leibster Award!


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Ooooh, there's some excitement around here these days! Syncopated Mama has been nominated for The Leibster Award!  This award recognized new blogs and I'm just tickled pink to be chosen!

A big thank you thank you thank you goes to Heather at Daily DIY Life for this nomination!  Be sure to go check out her blog and see what project she's tackling next from her teeny tiny little spot on the map in West Virginia!


1. What inspired you to start blogging? 
Well, that would be my friend Pam over at Everyday Snapshots.  She has roped me into projects before in the past, but this is by far the most time-consuming.  I've been enjoying it so far, though, especially because I've had a chance to "meet" so many of you.

2. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? 
Maybe somewhere in Italy, because we love traveling around Europe and since G lived in Rome for 5 years while he did grad school there, he's already got the language thing down.  I've partially got the language thing down, because I've been trying to learn Italian for the past few years, but my accent leaves much to be desired.


3. What is your biggest Pet peeve? 
My typical answer to this question is whistling, but Gv has recently started doing this grind-her-teeth thing that drives me absolutely bonkers, so that is now totally my biggest pet peeve.  I don't know if she's just exploring the fact that she has all these teeth now or if it helps with the pain while she's teething, but it has got. to. stop.

4. How many children do you want? (or have if you are done having children) 
Ahem, yeah.  Starting a family in your 40s?  I'll just say that we'll see how that goes.

 5. What is your favorite food?
Cheese, cheese, and more cheese!!  I even wrote an Ode to Cheese recently, I love it so much.


 6. If you could sit on a bench and talk for one hour to anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Well, I could easily go with the classic answer of Jesus, but then I would kind of be wasting the chance to chat with someone else, because don't I really talk to him all the time?  But I can't think of anyone else, so I'll just go with Jesus.  Why?  Um, hello, he's Jesus.


7. What is your best/worst quality?
Hmmm, my best? I guess I'll go with being disciplined.  All those years of being a competitive figure skater drilled that into me pretty well.   My worst?  Maybe the absolute craziness I react with when I hear Gv doing her teeth-grinding thing.

8. What makes you laugh out loud?
I get a pretty good laugh from silly movies like Best in Show or Zoolander or an episode of Modern Family .


 9. What does your family think about your new blog?
Besides G being supportive of it, I don't know.  So, if you're my family and you're reading this, let me know what you think in the comments.

Unless it's really bad, then just send me an email.
 

10. What is your favorite Social Media? Leave your link!
I really only use Facebook, although I'm trying to get better at Pinterest, because everybody really seems into that.  You can find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/syncopatedmama and on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/lisahealy.

Well, the next step is usually for me to nominate some other bloggers for the award and then give them ten questions of their own to answer.  If you're a blogger reading this and you are small/new, let me know!

Nominating:

Here are your questions (let me know when your post is up so I can read your answers!):

  1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
  2. What three words would you choose to describe yourself?
  3. What's a chore that you enjoy doing?
  4. If you could only eat one thing all week, what would it be?
  5. If you couldn't live in your home country, where would you live?
  6. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
  7. If you could invite an historical figure to dinner, who would it be and what would you serve them?
  8. Would you travel to outer space?
  9. Where's the most beautiful place you've ever visited?
  10. Do you have any pets? 

Don't forget to leave a comment if you're my family, or a blogger I nominated, or if you're none of those, but have something to share - I love comments!  You can also email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.