Mmm...these cookies are delicious, but don't leave you feeling guilty for eating them.
What You Need:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (see how to make your own without aluminum here)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey
1 banana (could also use 1/3 cup applesauce)
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (or not - I used low-sugar Craisins this time & have used raisins in the past)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I didn't use these this time, but I have in the past)
What You Do:
1. Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat the honey, banana, egg, butter and vanilla on high speed 3 minutes or until lighter in color (easiest in this ).
3. Reduce the speed to low and beat in flour mixture until just blended.
4. Add in the remaining ingredients until just combined.
5. Drop onto cookie sheets and bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Cool on baking sheets and then transfer them to wire racks .
Grab some milk and devour these tasty treats while listening to track #7 on this album!
Are you looking for a cookie treat, without all the guilt? What fruit/nut combination would you most like to try? I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
Linked up with:
I'm Lovin It
Kitchen Fun & Crafty
Pretty Pintastic Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Mom 2 Mom Monday
Totally Terrific Tuesday
Yes Works for Me
The Mommy Club