Way back, over a year ago, we went blueberry picking. I started to share some of the things I was making with all those berries, but then disaster struck (literally) and that project got sidetracked. (You'll find out what happened in an upcoming post.)
I finished all the recipes, but the posts have been just sitting in my draft folder gathering dust. Today, I'm wiping off the dust and sharing one of them with you.
Today's selection was inspired by this creation. I figured if it worked for strawberries, it would probably work for blueberries, too.
Mmmmm, did it ever!
What You Need
2 Tablespoons butter
1 finely diced onion
1 cup arborio rice
5 ounces dry wine (white produces a prettier result, but we prefer red)
4 cups hot broth (chicken, vegetable, miso - whatever you like best)
2 cups blueberries
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons butter (or cream like this), cut into small pieces
What You Do
1. Sweat the onion in the 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat until water has evaporated (don't let onions or butter brown - the goal is for the onions to be soft).
2. Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes, until every grain is covered in butter.
3. Add the wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, stirring frequently to prevent any sticking.
4. Now add the hot broth, a cup at a time. What you'll want to do is add one cup, stir frequently to prevent sticking, then add another cup and repeat the process, but only after the first cup has been pretty much thoroughly absorbed by the rice. You want to make sure the rice is almost dry each time before you add another cupful of broth.
5. When you add your last cupful of broth, add the blueberries.
6. When the rice is again almost dry and still a little firm (al dente), remove your pot from the heat and let it sit for 1 minute.
7. Add your 2 Tablespoons butter pieces and mix until integrated.
8. Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
Although this recipe seems involved, it's really easy to make. Have you ever made risotto at home? I'd love to hear if you try it yourself! Comment here or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
Also, if you don't want to miss a single minute of great tips like this and all the fun around here, be sure to sign up for free updates and then look forward to having each post delivered right to your inbox.
Linked up with: Merry Monday, Motivation Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Tell it to Me Tuesday, Good Tips Tuesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wordless Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, WFMW, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, The Mommy Club, Summer Family Fun Party, The Ladies Collective, This Is How We Roll, Frugal Family Linky, Creative Ways, Hearts for Home, Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & Crafty, Inspiration Spotlight, Home Matters, Pretty Pintastic Party, Front Porch Friday, Weekend Potluck, Halloween Spooktacular Party