Blissful Blueberry Oat Cookies

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!





If you read about my recent Monday, you'll know that I had to do something with 17 pounds of frozen blueberries from our spring blueberry-picking encounter pronto, so these cookies are one way I took care of that little problem.  

What I love most about these soft cookies is that they are a new way to enjoy blueberries as well as a fairly healthy treat!

What You Need:


1 stick softened butter

1/4 cup honey (you can always add more - up to a cup - if you want a sweeter cookie)

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 cup whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon baking powder (see how to make your own here)

1 cup blueberries

What You Do:


1. Cream the butter and honey (easiest in this ).

2.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.

3.  Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the blueberries) in a bowl and add in with the creamed mixture.

4.  Stir in the berries.

5.  Bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees until golden. 



Do you feel healthier cookies like this even count as dessert?  Or would you consider this recipe more of a snack bar?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
  
Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less
Kitchen Fun & Crafty  
 Yes Works for Me
I'm Lovin It  
 Weekend Potluck 
Merry Mondays 
Creative Ways