31 Days of Great Children's Music: Nicky's Jazz for Kids


If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!
 

Welcome back to 31 Days of Great Children's Music!  This is the big posting challenge I'm participating in that involves blogging every day in October covering just one topic.  It's also where you'll find some super suggestions for children's songs the whole family can enjoy.  

Find the Other 30 Days Here



After Day 17, I realized there might be more jazz music for kids out there, so I went in search of whatever I could find.

I was pretty excited to come up with several great albums, but this one stood out from the rest.

What I love most about this collection of children's songs (and the other Jazz for Kids album, listed below) is that the songs are real jazz songs by famous jazz musicians such as Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, and Dizzy Gillespie.  By real, I mean that these aren't songs created just for kids.  These are songs that you'll recognize as great classic jazz tunes - that also just happen to be perfect for kids.

I love all of these songs, but I think I find All That Meat and No Potatoes to be the most fun.  It makes me think of yummy camping food, because that's usually the only time we tend to eat much meat in our family.  Although, now that I think of it, we usually have potatoes while we're camping, too...

I also really like Everybody Eats When They Come To My House.  

Hmmm, I'm noticing a theme here.  I'd say it's just because it's dinnertime and I'm hungry, but that wouldn't be the entire truth, because I just plain love food.

Another great bonus of these jazzy children's songs is that G (being the jazz music aficionado that he is) will listen to these songs over and over and over and not get tired of them, which is great, since he's not so in love with some of the other music selections I've been playing lately.

To Read

Look!  A book all about Nicky the Jazz Cat!  How cool is that?


There are so many great books out there on the big jazz musicians.  Here are a few that we have (or want!):

  

It's really a fascinating topic to read up on - so much history and musicality - I bet you'll be surprised at how much you enjoy learning more about this subject, too!

More Music

Other Nicky the Jazz Cat musical fun:


Be sure to check out these great albums, as well (the first one is a super-close runner-up for my favorite, and I've already gone on and on about how much I love Putumayo's music, as evidenced by this post and this post):


Do you get as jazzed about jazz music as we do?  Are you excited to check out these jazzy children's songs for yourself?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com. 

Linked up with:  Merry Monday, Thoughtful Spot, Motivation Monday, Mom 2 Mom Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend,Good Tips Tuesday, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Two Uses Tuesday, Do Tell TuesdayLou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, Tell it to Me Tuesday,Grandma Ideas, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wordless Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me, WFMW, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, The Mommy ClubThe Ladies CollectiveThis Is How We RollFrugal Family LinkyCreative Ways,Hearts for Home Creative Exchange,I'm Lovin' It,Kitchen Fun & CraftyInspiration SpotlightAwesome Life FridayHome MattersPretty Pintastic PartyFront Porch Friday,