Brilliant Blueberry Salmon

If you want to support what I’m doing with this blog, just follow any of the product links and order whatever you want off of Amazon at no additional cost to you.  That’s it and I’ll get a little bonus.  Thanks so much for clicking!



Inspired by the strawberry salmon dish I made after we went strawberry picking, I decided to apply the same concept with blueberries following our blueberry-picking encounter, because I'm always looking for new ways to fix our ever-abundant supply of salmon.


Of course, if you read about my recent Monday, you'll know that I had to fix the salmon and blueberries pronto, so that was an added reason why this recipe that I'd already been considering came into being.  I didn't include the yogurt drizzle on this dish like I did with the strawberry one, mainly because of my crazy day.  I might try adapting the strawberry yogurt drizzle into a blueberry version the next time I make it, though.

What You Need:


4-5 salmon fillets

1/2-1 cup chopped onion

5 minced garlic cloves

1 teaspoon coconut oil

2 cups blueberries

2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon grated ginger

1/2 teaspoon lemon peel

What You Do:


1.  Sprinkle the salmon fillets with some salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  I like to use my toaster oven for this, because it doesn't use as much electricity and also doesn't heat up the kitchen as much.

2.  Meanwhile, cook the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.  I like to use my electric skillet for this job, for the same reasons that I use the toaster oven to cook the fish.

3.  When the onions and garlic are soft, add in the remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced, about 15 minutes.

4.  When the salmon is finished, plate it and smother it with the blueberry sauce.

Are you like me and always looking for unique ways to prepare salmon?  Have you tried mixing fish and berries before?  I'd love to hear - leave a comment or email me at lisahealy (at) outlook (dot) com.
 

Linked up with Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending Less
Yes Works for Me at We Are THAT Family
I'm Lovin It at Tidy Mom 
Kitchen Fun & Crafty 
Weekend Potluck  
Creative Ways